Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Brooke Fraser - Albertine video

My super cool friend Kelcy sent the group I went to Rwanda with this link to a music video done by Brooke Fraser. I absolutely love this song (and her)! I just bought her new album and definitely recommend it! A review from Watchfire Music says, "Much of the inspiration for the album came after a 2005 trip to Rwanda when she met Albertine, a young orphan girl who was heroically saved from genocide by a fellow Rwandan. Brooke stated, 'Albertine is alive today because of the selfless, sacrificial love of another. Funny thing is, so am I [referring to Jesus]. And I know I want to know what it’s like to love other people like that, so I have decided to spend my whole life on the experiment.'" What beautiful words! I felt totally inspired by this song, and it was so cool to see scenes from Rwanda where we visited a few weeks ago! Enjoy!

Lyrics:

I am sitting still**I think of Angelique**Her mother's voice over me**And the bullets in the wall where it fell silent**And on a thousandth hill**I think of Albertine**There in her eyes what I don't see **With my own**Rwanda**[Chorus]**Now that I have seen**I am responsible**Faith without deeds is dead**Now that I have held you** In my own arms**I cannot let go 'till you are** No no, yeah**And I am on a plane** Across a distant sea**But I carry you in me**And in the dust on, the dust on, the dust on, the dust on**The dust on my feet**Rwanda**Now that I have seen**I am responsible**Faith without deeds is dead**Now that I have held you** In my own arms**I cannot let go 'till you are**I will tell the world**I will tell them where I've been**I will keep my word**I will tell them, Albertine**Rwanda**Now that I have seen**I am responsible**Faith without deeds is dead**Now that I have held you **In my own arms**I cannot let go 'till you are**Mmm**And I am on a stage**A thousand eyes on me**I will tell them, Albertine**I will tell them, Albertine

No comments:

Post a Comment