Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jet Lag

Jet Lag...the worldnetweb says it is "fatigue and sleep disturbance resulting from disruption of the body's normal circadian rhythm as a result of jet travel." I just got back from Africa and I feel like an insomniac! I didn't go to bed at all last night. I got in bed, then after about ten minutes, opened my eyes, turned on my lights, made pizza, got out my computer, and stayed awake until 8:30 in the morning. I had tons of energy, but now I'm crashing. I'm trying to stay awake until 9 so that I can get on a regular sleep cycle, but I'm not sure I can make it! On the flight from Kigali to Nairobi I didn't sleep. From Kigali to Paris I slept for maybe 1.5 hours. On the flight from Paris to Dallas I slept maybe 3.5. The day I got home I slept for 12, and then I had an hour nap this morning, so all together I have slept 18 hours in about 96 hours. That's not horrible, but I need my beauty sleep!

Ways to cure jet lag:
1. Reset your clock to local time
2. Eat a protein-packed breakfast to stay awake
3. Soak up natural sunlight to cue your body that it is time to be awake
4. Exercise
5. Go to bed at reasonable hour
(courtesy of eHow)
PS - Next time I travel I want to look this glamorous!








(Images courtesy of Vogue)

No comments:

Post a Comment